French Refresher Workshop Series
Time & Location
About the Event
Refresh your French with these three exceptional classes. Don't be shy, join us to get back on your French feet and get your foreign language boost this spring! Each class consists of grammar reboot review and exercises, as well as practice tools such as pop quizzes, topical discussion topics for practice, and follow up work for reinforcement.
Great for those with a previous exposure to French and great way to refresh French basics. The course will cover:
Class 1: May 4th The Past Tense
- A cornerstone of French grammar, the past tense and its different forms (passé composé, imparfait) can be tough to master at first. In this class, we will tackle the different uses of the past tense, how to identify it and integrate it in a conversation.
Class 2: May 11th Q&A
- A big part of conversational French revolves around asking and answering. Whether you meet someone, catch up or chat with an old friend, you want to be able to ask a wide variety of questions. In this session, we uncover the different question formats, and how to tame them.
Class 3: May 18th A Newspaper and Coffee in the Sun
- That feeling of opening the morning paper with a cup of coffee... It never gets old. What if that newspaper was Le Monde or Libération? Through a batch of examples, let's figure out how to decipher French newspapers. Learn the vocab to get a sense of what is happening in France these days!
Takes place every Tuesday, total of 3 sessions
Join a single class, or all three
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
3-week course: $90
Single drop-in class: $40
- French Refresher 3 Class Pass$90$900$0
- Single Class Pass: May 4th$40$400$0
- Single Class Pass: May 11th$40$400$0
- Single Class Pass: May 18th$40$400$0